Part 5 Costume
The fifth volume of Private Lessons, the full doll making course by Elena Kunin, is devoted to doll costumes: sewing, pattern cutting, and fitting. I hope that this volume will be interesting to both beginning and experienced doll makers: it contains 475 step-by-step photos, which show all the stages of making various doll costumes: modern and historical, simple and complex. We shall also sew underwear, in particular, using antique patterns.
You will learn:
- how to choose fabrics for an outfit depending on their composition, thickness, texture, color, and pattern
- ways of processing the fabric: dying, painting, embroidery, etc.
- how to take your doll’s body measurements and to make patterns: from the simplest to the most complex historical ones.
- about fitting a pattern to your doll’s body.
- about the work on a historical costume: the idea, the study of authentic historical examples, the choice of fabrics, and the features of cutting, sewing, and finishing.
- how to finish seams and edges in doll clothes
- ways of sewing: and all kinds of tricks that make your work on the outfit much easier.
- how the color scheme and the shape of the costume can reveal your doll’s character.
- how to make seams invisible.
- how to create pleats.
- Share your shipping policy
- Share your packaging details